InsideEVs.com Article April 16 – Envision Solar Launches Next Gen EV ARC Off-Grid Charging Station
Who said electricity doesn’t grow on trees? Actually on solar trees.
The California-based company already deployed EV ARC in more than 100 U.S. municipalities and now offers an upgraded version with a re-engineered S-curved column with electronic components and energy storage elevated to the underside of the sun-tracking solar canopy.
Thanks to moving the ESS up, there is more space around the column for cars, as well as the station becomes flood-proof to 9.5 feet, according to Envision Solar.
Envision Solar EV ARC is equipped with a 4.3 kW solar array and, depending on the version, also with 24, 32 or 40 kWh battery packs. Customers can install AC charging terminals or even a DC fast charger (although in this case it’s not as simple and might require multiple EV ARCs).
One of the biggest advantages of EV ARC is simple and quick deployment – “no trenching, no construction, no permitting, no utility bill.”
- Expanded Parking Area: Battery storage, electronics and components elevated to the underside of the solar canopy creates more parking area on the cambered ballast pad which still fits inside a standard parking and does not reduce available parking in any way.
- Flood-Proof: Moving componentry off the base pad and into the canopy makes the product flood-proof to over nine feet, enhancing the emergency preparedness capabilities.
- Angled Parking Spaces: The tracking solar array can now be deployed at any angle above the parking space to fit seamlessly into parallel, perpendicular and herring bone angled parking spaces.
- Added Security: Elevation of components and the optional emergency power panel protects vital energy production, storage and access during and after even the most severe conditions.
- Aesthetic Design: The S-curved column and tulip stem mounted EV chargers have a more modern, productized appearance whilst maintaining ergonomic-friendly and ADA compliant access to charging plugs.
- Cambered Ballast Pad: The traction and ballast pad is cambered for more efficient use of materials, improved aesthetics and more effective water drainage.
- Increased Branding Visibility: The enclosure under the solar canopy is a visible clean canvas for branding, advertising, or community beautification initiatives.
Link to full article here : https://insideevs.com/news/410026/envision-solar-ev-arc-off-grid-charging/